Thing a Day – Project 17 – composition journal in fabrics

The Teresa McFayden Mosaic journal was such a fun project I had to try it with fabrics.  So my first take was the same type of process as the paper attempt earlier this month.  Slight problem – look at the photo to see if you can tell…

compo-fabric-journal-take-1.gif

Yep, when I glue the fabric down it becomes semi transparent and I could see the green and white design in the cover.  I should have put a solid piece down and then added this.  Lesson learned.

So I thought let me try doing something like that but I was looking at the pile of miscut strips of fabric already so I came up with this:

compo-fabric-journal-take-2.gif

I did a basket weave instead!

Here it is basically finished (I have book binding tape arriving tomorrow and will go over the edge with that to finish this, but it is sealed and glossed now…

compo-fabric-journal-trimme.gif

I just used the exacto knife to trim it down from the backside after it was all glued and sealed.  I use a Euro tupe decoupage product but I am thinking ModPodge would do the same – its not like the fabric is soft  – its like really thick paper and hard.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.